Wednesday 16 January 2013

Mushroom Omelette Rice with Vegetables Stew - Simple Anime Version

Tonight's non-meat menu was Mushroom Omu Rice with Vegetables Stew! 4th day into meatless eating! I had been looking forward to this meal all day, despite having Kaya Butter Toast for breakfast and vegetarian Yong Tau Hu for lunch. Rushed home from work and immediately started chopping all the ingredients then cooked them with all my might.

Just a short intro about my Omu Rice; I have tried cooking a few types of Omu Rice but never this version before. The Japanese Anime Version 1.2.3 (named it myself). And I love this the most though it wasn't the prettiest of all. It  all began when I was tv channel surfing and chanced upon this japanese anime. A hungry boy was roaming the streets at night when he met a scruffy looking homeless man. They became friends and both sneaked into an empty restaurant kitchen. When the man heard boy's stomach growled, he immediately took some simple ingredients, frying pan and spatula then began whipping up a tasty + fragrant plate of Omu Rice for the boy. It made the boy really touched.

The Omu Rice in the show caught my eye instantly as it did not look the same as the standard huge dumpling looking types served in Japanese restaurants. The egg was slightly runny and simply topped onto a small mountain of rice... *yumyum* I could not forget it at all, gotta have it. So I began planning for this dish and today was the day to come! I had tomato ketchup yesterday, so I decided to cook a pot of stew to go with the Omu Rice. Nothing else to describe except that it was a really satisfying meal. 


My Mushroom Omelette Rice, Good to Eat On It's Own



My Mushroom Omelette Rice Topped with Vegetables Stew



No Recipe... Use Your Own Imagination! ;)))
Have a Bite!




2 comments:

  1. I wonder what is the ingredients you used. The picture of the Omu Rice looks so tempting! I want to have a bite of it! Look so Yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used Eggs ;D
    Please try cooking it using your imagination. haha...

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave comments!