Thursday 13 December 2012

Homemade Garlic Bread Toast - Smells Great Breath!

Some Common Kitchen Worries

1. I've got too much butter inside the fridge that's gonna expire in 2 months! 
2. I've got too many cloves of garlic left unused because I bought them in a packet!
3. I've got half a bread loaf left that will expire tomorrow!

That was what happened to me last week. So I decided to combine everything and make a bottle of garlic spread. I can use it for garlic bread toast as well as garlic butter fried rice. It would taste good and I just needed to buy two more ingredients, ie. Parmesan Cheese and Chervil (Parsley can be used too). 

Today I used this homemade garlic spread and made garlic bread toast for lunch as my half loaf of bread would expire tomorrow. The end product tasted really "homemade" and not salty. My breath didn't smell pungent either, just a mild whiff of toasted garlic.. Great Breath!! 

TRY IT? :]


My Garlic Bread Toast (1) - Slightly Toasted




My Garlic Toast (2) - Pan Crisped





Recipe for Homemade Garlic Spread

4 to 6 cloves Garlic (minced)
350gm Butter / Olivio (softened)
10gm Chervil / Parsley (minced)
50gm Fresh Parmesan Cheese (grated)
1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 - 4 dash Ground White Pepper

Steps
1. Soak minced Chervil and Garlic in Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a big mixing bowl
2. Add softened Butter into bowl, stir and mix well 
3. Add Fresh Parmesan Cheese, stir and mix well
4. Sprinkle Ground White Pepper, stir and mix well
5. Transfer Garlic Spread into previous butter container, chill inside fridge for half a day and longer

To make Garlic Bread Toast, simple spread the chilled garlic spread onto ur slices of bread and toast to your preference. Happy chewing... :]


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments!