Friday 26 October 2012

Fresh Mushrooms N Garlic sauté - Fusion Style on Bee Hoon!

My friend, S, was cooking a full meal for the first time for her husband. So I suggested that she do a garlic and mushroom sauté to top over her spaghetti. Anyway she did a great job with her husband giving her 7.4 points out of 10! Seeing the picture of her food made me want to cook and eat it too. Just a few pieces of mushrooms for me though.

I did not pick this recipe up from anywhere, not even through googling. It was  just created from the memory of my one and only Italian restaurant meal with my family almost 20 years ago. The taste has never left my mind since. Anyway I have lots of beehoon inside the fridge so I will use that instead of spaghetti. It becomes a western-chinese fusion then... :S


My Fresh Mushrooms N Garlic saute - on Beehoon!



The Ingredients Used

Serves 2

Main Ingredients
4 Portobello Mushrooms (quartered) or 8 Button Mushrooms (halved)
20 gm Fresh Coriander or Parsley (minced)
5 cloves Garlic (minced)
1 Bird's Eye Chilli aka Chilli Padi (minced)

Side Ingredients
200 gm Brown / White Beehoon (soaked)

Seasoning
1 tsp Sea Salt
3 - 4 tsps Light Soy Sauce (depending on your preference of saltiness)

Frying Condiment
3 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil


Steps
1. Boil a pot of water, add Beehoon in and cook till soft
2. Drain cooked Beehoon of water and set aside
3. Heat 2 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a pan till sizzling hot, using medium-low flame
4. Add minced Garlic into pan, stir fry till fragrant but still whitish in colour
5. Add Mushrooms into pan, stir fry for 1 min
6. Add Fresh Coriander, minced Chilli and Sea Salt into pan, 
7. Add 1 tbsp Water, stir pan ingredients evenly for 3 minutes till Mushrooms soften
8. Pick Mushrooms out from pan and set aside, leaving other ingredients in the pan
9. Add 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 200ml water and cooked Beehoon into pan
10. Mix gently and simmer till Beehoon absorbs the liquid (about 3 min)
11. Mix Light Soy Sauce into Beehoon evenly
12. Turn off pan heat, distribute Beehoon into serving plates and top with sauteed Mushrooms!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments!