Friday 19 October 2012

Claypot Braised Chicken N Yam - Who is Bigger?


Recently, my friend was telling me that she ate Duck with Yam Rice. Just YAM alone was enough to trigger off a chain of thoughts on food like Yam Milkshake, Yam Ice Cream, Taro Balls and so forth. And there was one particular yam dish that I super loved and I could not stop thinking about it for the next 1 week. As schedule was busy of late, I decided to cook it instead of going through the hassle to travel to eat it to satisfy my craving! Just the image of the Yam and Chicken in my mind made me drool even in my sleep. It could be the Yam, it could also be the Chicken. I just gotta have it for real... RAWRZZZ!
Claypot Braised Chicken and Yam, that I almost ate in dreams!


Ingredients and Method (Serves 2 - 3)
Main Ingredients
1 Chicken Breast Meat (Cut into big cubes, Marinated*)
½ Yam (Cut into big cubes)
2 Black Mushrooms (Cut into strips, soaked if using dried ones)
1 knob Young Ginger (Cut into thin slices)

*Meat Marinade
1 tsp Cornflour
Few dashes Ground White Pepper
2 tsps Rice Wine

Seasoning
1 Tbsp Abalone Sauce
2 Tsps Light Soy Sauce
½ Tsp Dark Soy Sauce
1 Tsp Sesame Oil
1½ Bowl of Water

Frying Condiment
1 Tbsp Healthy Oil

Steps
1. Heat Healthy Oil in a medium-sized claypot using medium flame
2. Add Ginger and Black Mushrooms into claypot to stir fry till fragrant
3. Add marinated Chicken and Yam to stir fry
4. Add in Abalone Sauce to season
5. Pour in 1½ chinabowl of water, stir, cover & simmer for 30mins at low heat (check every 10min to ensure liquid does not dry out)
6. Add Light Soy Sauce and Dark Soy Sauce to mix ingredients thoroughly, switch off heat
7. Garnish with Parsley and drizzle Sesame Oil over when served!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments!