Saturday 15 September 2012

Winter Melon with Dried Longan Dessert - Make Your Own

One of my buddies whatsapp-ed me a funny story recently... She wrote:

Laugh si wo  (I laughed like crazy)
My mum ask me cut dong gua ma  (My mum asked me to cut winter melon)
I tot is cook soup  (I thought she'll be cooking soup)
I go piak the garlic  (I went to smash the garlic)
Like normally how we cook soup then put (garlic) in the pot  
Suddenly i saw mum take the dried longan.
I got stunned and ask her,"Are you cooking tangshui (dessert) or soup?" 
Mum replied "Tang shui la!" 
So i told her that I thought that she was cooking soup and even piak-ed (smashed) the garlic already!
Mum exclaimed in shock and hurriedly took the garlic out. Hahahhahha!
My mum is so cute...


This made me have the urge to cook Winter Melon too as it helps me cool down from the warm weather. People (including me) usually only consume commercially packed winter melon drinks but did not really thought of cooking it at home. So I cooked and am sharing this Winter Melon Dessert recipe with readers! 


Winter Melon with Dried Longan Dessert 


The Ingredients

Serves 4 - 5 bowls
Main Ingredients
500g Winter Melon
50g Dried Longan (This is sweet, adjust quantity according to your taste)
20g Yellow Rock Sugar
3 Pandan Leaves (tied into knot)

Garnishing
1 tbsp Wolfberries (soaked in hot water and drained)

Steps
1. Slice off Winter Melon skin & cut flesh into cubes
2. Add Winter Melon, Dried Longan, Pandan Leaves into a pot of water
3. Cover pot and boil for 30 minutes
4. After 30 minutes, stir in Yellow Rock Sugar and boil for another 15 minutes
5. Turn off heat, stir in Wolfberries and Serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments!