Monday 24 September 2012

Mini Sausages in Sweet Tomato Miso Sauce - Super Easy Dish

My right eye and stomach have been giving me problems of late, pushing off all my plans to whip up many other dishes. Yesterday I had wanted a better feast at home but as both of them acted up again, I was unable to. Still, dinner had to be served... so perhaps something simple. 
Recently I ate an appetizer dish that was quite delicious at a korean restaurant and thinking that perhaps I could try cooking up something similar and tweaked in a healthier way. 
This dish came in handy now as it was very simple to make, definitely for amateur cooks and busy people. So I cooked it yesterday and took me only 20 minutes for the whole process. Then I ate it together with some porridge and stir fried eggs. Hereby, sharing with my friends and readers the recipe. I am not sure what the name of the dish was so will just post it as the ingredients being used.

My Mini Sausages in Sweet Tomato Miso Sauce




The Ingredients Used (seasonings not shown in picture)

Serves 2
Main Ingredients
10 - 12 Mini Sausages (sliced into halves)
5 - 6 Baby Corn (sliced)
1 small Onion (1/2 sliced thinly, 1/2 minced)
100g Tomato Puree/Paste (Mix with 300ml water)

Seasonings
1 Tbsp Miso Paste
2 Tsps Honey
2 Tsps Curry Powder (Optional - For a bit of spicy flavouring)
1 Tsp Tumeric Powder (To give the gravy a yellowish tint)
1 Tsp Mirin

Frying Condiment
1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Steps
1. Heat Oil in medium depth pot using medium-low flame
2. Add Onions, Baby Corn and Mini Sausages in to fry till fragrant
3. Pour in diluted Tomato mixture, stir well and bring to boil
4. Add in all the seasonings, stir well and boil for another 10 min
5. Turn off heat, serve dish onto a bowl and garnish with fresh/dried herbs


This was how the gravy looked like when eaten with porridge!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments!